Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I've always heard the saying, "kid's say the darndest things." I have also always agreed with this and so far during internship I have proven facts that this is true. I love listening to kids while they are talking to their friends and hear the crazy things that come out of their mouths. Sometimes even when they are trying to get on your last nerve I can't help but laugh at what they say. On my first day of internship a little boy in my class (that looks identical to the boy from the movie Sleepless in Seattle) came up to me and said "I sure hope you dont have a class like this!" It's funny how kids know how annoying they are sometimes but keep on doing what is soo annoying to teachers. And just this last Friday my teacher was out so I was in complete charge for the day and a little girl (we will call her Michelle) in my class came up to my desk to inform me that she had a secret to tell me. This is about how our conversation went:
Michelle: (whispering while holding throat)I have bugs in my throat.
Me: What?
Michelle: (still holding throat)I have bugs in my throat.
Me: Why do you say that?
Michelle: Because when I as in Mr. B's class this morning I coughed and a bug came out! Can I go see the nurse?
Me: Michelle, I have never heard of anyone having bugs in their throat. You probably just coughed and the same time you coughed a bug probably flew by or something. It's probably all in your mind. You will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment